Celebrations for Royal Hillsborough
On 20th October 1021, The Lieutenancy visited Hillsborough Castle to participate in the unveiling of the Letters Patent allowing Hillsborough to be renamed Royal Hillsborough. The celebrations started with an inspection of the Hillsborough Fort Guard and then continued inside to the Castle. There the Letters Patent were unveiled by the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, the Rt Hon Brandon Lewis CBE, presented to the Right Worshipful, the Mayor of Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council, Alderman Stephen Martin. In return the Mayor presented the Lord Lieutenant a present for Her Majesty The Queen an Irish Linen Napkin of the highest quality - weaved on looms over 200 years old.